Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses can provide you with industry skills, knowledge and experiences that will improve your job prospects and prepare you for the world of work and further study after school.
Merici College is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 88011). As an RTO we are responsible for ensuring a high quality of VET course delivery and assessment.
- The training you receive meets national industry standards; and
- The awards and qualifications you receive will be recognised nationally by employers and other training organisations.
Our aim is that, through the quality training we provide, you will have an improved opportunity for meaningful employment supporting a productive and enjoyable life.
Vocational learning helps secondary students explore the world of work, identify career options and pathways, and build career development skills.
Vocational education and training (VET) provides students with the opportunity to acquire workplace skills and knowledge through nationally recognised qualifications from industry-developed training packages or accredited courses while still at school and is delivered within the broader school curriculum.
It’s important to note the VET qualifications delivered to Merici College students is nationally recognised, and is the same as VET delivered in non-school settings and held to same quality standards.
The Qualifications we offer at Merici College are:
BSB10115- Certificate I in Business (Release 1)
BSB20115 Certificate II in Business (Release 1)
BSB30115 Certificate III in Business (Release 1)
ICT10115 Certificate I in Information, Digital Media and Technology (Release 1)
ICT20115 Certificate II in Information, Digital Media and Technology
SIS20115 - Certificate II in Sport and Recreation (Release 1)
SIT10216 - Certificate I in Hospitality (Release 1)
SIT30616- - Certificate III in Hospitality ( Release 1)
CHC14015 - Certificate I in Active Volunteering (Release 2)
MST20616 - Certificate II in Applied Fashion Design and Technology (Release 1)
CUA20215 - Certificate II in Creative Industries (Media) (Release 1)
Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses have the following characteristics that distinguish them from other courses studied . They are:
- designed to meet industry training needs
- supported by industry in curriculum design and course delivery
- derived from national training packages
- written and assessed in competency based terms
- designed to provide clearly defined pathways to further education, training and employment
- accredited by the Board of Senior Studies under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) for industry
Australian School Based Apprenticeships (ASBA)
- School-based apprenticeships and traineeships allow students to work for an employer and undertake training towards a recognised qualification, while completing your secondary school studies.
- Why choose an School-based Apprenticeships?
- Get experience in the workplace before you leave school.
- Earn money for the time you spend working.
- Train towards a qualification in your chosen career.
- Work towards achieving a nationally recognised qualification.
- Improve your confidence.
Please follow the below links to find more information on VET courses at Merici College.
Australian School-based Apprenticeship are a great way to make the move from school to work. They will put you a step ahead of the competition when you apply for jobs and give you the confidence to continue working or go on to further study.
For further Vocational Course and ASBA information email Kerry.firstname.lastname@example.org.