Pastoral Care is the summation of the academic, social and religious dimensions of the College, giving expression to the relationships of faith, care and support which characterise its vision and practice. Pastoral Care is an expression of what we believe about the individual. What actually happens in the College follows from the belief that people are created in God’s image and likeness (Gen. 1:27), and that God’s love is freely given to all. While the Pastoral Care system operates formally through the House system it should not be seen as restricted to this program, but rather as integral to the mission of the Catholic School which aims to:
- engender well being, belonging and security
- affirm the dignity and worth of the individual
- assist in personal growth to full potential
- provide relationships of care and support
- encourage growth and expression of compassion, tolerance and reconciliation.