We wish to pass on our congratulations and best wishes to all our Graduands for 2015
141 students received their Year 12 Certificate.
Merici College Dux
Highest Achieving Year 12 student at Merici College who completed a Tertiary Package - Jacklyn Ersan.
Runner up to the Dux – Proxime Accessit
ACT Board of Senior Secondary Studies (BSSS) Awards
- Jacklyn Ersan – BSSS Award for Academic Excellence and Highest ATAR
- Faith Cooper – BSSS Award for Vocational Studies
- Isobel D’Cruz – BSSS Award for Community Service
- Holly Ross – BSSS Award for Performing/Visual Arts
- Elyse Lenehan - BSSS Award for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
102 students set their goals on achieving an ATAR in 2015.
10 students received an ATAR of 90 or higher. 30 students received an ATAR of 80 or higher. Over 70% of students who sat for the AST and completed a T Package received 65+ and would be eligible for entry into a local university.
Early Offers/Principal’s Report Entry Program (PREP)/UAC Schools Recommendation Scheme (SRS)
- 3 students received an Early ANU offer through ANU College
- 3 students gained a Principal's Report Entry Program Schools Recommendation Scheme at Charles Sturt University and the University of Wollongong.
- 31 students gained a School’s Recommendation offer at University of Canberra
- 6 students achieved an offer at Australian Catholic University through the Early Achiever's Program
- 4 students enrolled in Semester 2 through UC Connect and received a university calculated score (similar to an ATAR). One student received an offer from this program into Law.
Students also gained positions at:
- Western Australian Performing Arts Academy
- Brent Street
- Overall this cohort achieved 124 Certificates in Vocational Education. 63 Certificates and 61 Statement of Attainments
- Certificate III qualifications were achieved in a variety of courses such as Business Administration and Hospitality
- 1 student has been offered an Honours degree in Fashion Design at RMIT through direct portfolio entry and ATAR requirements
Traineeships and Starter Program
- 5 students have secured a Traineeship from ASBA into Child care and Hairdressing
- 1 student received a Traineeship at Hallet’s Chartered Accountants as a result of a Work Experience Placement with the Australian Chartered Accountants.
- 3 students were successful in the Department of Finance and Deregulation Career Starter’s Program.
We encourage all students to keep in touch and let us know where their future journey of learning and adventure may take them. A destination survey will be sent out after main round offers are made; we look forward to their response.
We celebrate every student and her achievement at Merici. We are proud of what they have accomplished and know they will go on to build exceptional futures.
Mrs Loretta Wholley